For someone whose wardrobe largely consists of black clothing, my go-to accessory has always been a bright lipstick.
As cliché as it sounds, I’m a firm believer in the power of lipstick. It can not only change your attitude, but also disguise a mess. With the right shade you can go from hangover hell to badass boss lady in 30 seconds flat. There’s something to say for the confidence and attitude a great lipstick can offer—it’s the one beauty item that can pull me out of a bad mood. I really can’t think of a more perfect beauty staple, so I’m sharing my top 5 bright and bold lipsticks for Spring, and year round, because I don’t buy into that seasonal colors shit.
1. Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick in It Girl –
This lipstick is my instant mood changer. It’s the color I always get the most compliments on. At this point it feels like a neutral. Good things happen when i’m wearing this on my lips, I can’t recommend it enough.
2. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lips in More Better
– I’ll leave it to ColourPop to sell you on this one: “Girl you hot now, but you’ll be looking more better in this deep violet wine.” If you haven’t jumped on the matte-liquid lipstick trend, I don’t know what you’ve been doing. These apply wet and dry matte, and pretty much stay all day—it’s a game changer. ColourPop’s collection is an amazing option for the liquid lipstick virgin, as they come in tons of shades at a reasonable $6 a pop. Channel your inner Kylie with shades like Trap
and Beeper. Another personal favorite is Creeper. You really can’t go wrong with the colors, but I do advise a lipliner because these guys can get a little messy and you need a tough eye makeup remover to get them off.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Kiss and Blush in 13 Corail Incandescent – This cream lipstick is amazing. Not only does it smell delicious, it looks so creamy and beautiful and only needs one little swipe to cover your whole lip. It’s a bit pricy, but I’ve had mine for over a year and wear it at least once a week. It’s also a beautiful product to display on your vanity. Every color is great, my personal favorite is this pinky red shade.
4.Givenchy Le Rouge in 303 Corail Decollete– A pink-toned coral encased in a leather tube, it doesn’t get much better than this. You’re gonna look and feel fly as hell, I promise. Love the 303 shoutout.
5. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl – This is the badass siren red you need in your collection. It’s matte but moisturizing and goes on so easily. If you’re feeling daring, put it on in a moving car or subway without a mirror. It’ll do wonders for your reputation.
|Written by contributing Beauty editor Julia|